This shop began as a store, operated by George Morrison. Al Jude’s bought the business in January 1898, and ran a “first-class” grocery store for fifteen years. Tom Crosswaite Jr. bought the grocery in February of 1913. After that, Art Graydon operated it as an old country store with barrels of bulk foods. It was then taken over by Gilbert Munshaw and Virgil (“Stub”) Whitmore, who added an old-fashioned meat market. After Munshaw left, Whitmore sold the shop to Kathy Onsgaard in November 1970. She operated Magic Touch Beauty Shop for over 30 years. At one time the upper floor was a printing shop; a jewelry shop; and now apartments.