This was the Wilmer Brothers’ Grocery Store in 1871- a good place to hear the news and gossip of the town. It was sold to Will Wood and Lou Brooks in 1916. Lou and Mary Brooks later bought it from Will Wood. Lawrence Clancey then purchased it from the Brooks and their son-in-law, Frank Williams, operated it. Frank’s son, John, converted part of the structure into a dairy bar. Jay Loomis also had a soda fountain here in the 1960’s. Later, it housed the Post Office, a Laundromat, and a parachute manufacturer named “Body Flight”. Recently, Linda’s Yarns shared space with Doug’s Bargain Basement and Melissa’s Baskets (later called East Troy Basketry Co.). A pet groomers also occupied the front first floor retail space, and the upper floor has living quarters.
First Walworth County Fair (on East Troy village square)