Do you like history? Are you curious about our roots? Do you have some time to be involved in the community, meet new people and learn while having fun? Then you may enjoy volunteering with us.
Some ideas of things to do:
- Sewing, painting murals, building furnishings, dollhouse items or other educational displays for the Children’s Room.
- Scanning photos, filing, archiving
- Building displays and furnishings needed
- Remodeling (carpets, walls, trim, electric, plumbing)
- Painting (both flat painting and murals)
- Research, writing text for displays, writing for the ET [Historical] Journal
- Writing books for sale
- Cataloguing books for the library
- Cataloguing collections
- Managing electronic records for posting resource directories online
- Volunteering for education events and fundraisers
- Writing curriculum and teaching school children
- Making things to sell in the gift shop (soaps, bonnets, hats, aprons, quilts, baskets …)
- Staffing the heritage center during open times
- Speaking to area folks and recording and transcribing their memories
You might have more ideas, or might want to tell us your talents and let us call you when we have a need.
Another way that you could help is to donate things that we need or money to buy them. These things could include items such as:
- Paper for copiers, envelopes, stamps
- Computer CDs and USB drives for photo storage and transfer
- Handmade items to sell in our gift shop (child sunbonnets, aprons, baskets, quilts …)
- Acid free photo album supplies, Acid free boxes, Acid free tissues, white cotton gloves
- Cleaning supplies, toilet paper, soap, facial tissues
- Shopping bags (new plain or custom printed paper, plastic or canvas)
- File folders, hanging folders, plastic storage boxes, pens and pencils
- Projectors, laptop computer, other electronic items with graphic capabilities
- Dressmaker’s forms, calico, velvet, silk
- Raw materials for making displays (wood, paint, plexi, glass, trim)
- Laminator for papers, posters and maps
- Coffee, food. gift or gas cards for thank-you gifts
Your contribution is only limited by your imagination and what you believe to be important …
We also need regular support by memberships and business sponsorships for events. Contact us to get connected!