Built about 1860, this frame building was a barbershop operated by Mr. Earl Eddy. It later became an ice cream parlor run by LaVerne Spiegelhoff. The next business to take over the building was a restaurant operated by Gordon and Bob Burton. Subsequent owners were Jim Bullionand Festa Rieck. In October 1939 it became a 5-cent to $1 store owned by Mr. Williams, Mr. Olmstead, and Mr. Don McFarland. An October 18, 1939 East Troy News article states “this new business place has a large stock of goods, such as candies, hosiery, notions, art goods, lingerie, novelties, toilet articles, toys, stationary, ladies’ house dresses, cookeries, etc.” John Williams had a game and novelty shop here after McFarland left the business. Later, the building became a trophy and gift shop operated by Mr. and Mrs. Greeson. In 1990, the business was sold to the Muellers and the name was changed to Mueller’s Awards and Engravings. In May of 1996, Mr. Scott Behrens and his wife Kathryn Behrens took over the building, and became the first site of Kate’s Needful Things, which sold gifts and antiques from the Victorian age. The building still had its original tin ceiling as well as some of its tin walls. The basement was made of fieldstone. This lower area was once used as a hidden gambling parlor in the 1920’s. When the Roehr family bought the building, it needed repair. It was subsequently taken down and rebuilt in 2017.