This building was built as the “Opitz Blacksmith and Harness Shop” in the 1800’s . In 1881 Harry Dickerman converted it into a hardware store, and later into a woodworking shop. In 1896 Kirk Dickerman Plumbing was located here. Later, his brother Walter Dickerman, who owned the Buick garage, acquired it. A bottled gas and gas appliance store known as “Skelgas” followed owned by Tony Stelzner. It was used as a machine shop in World War II. There was also once a public hall upstairs for dances and meetings. Groups such as the “Royal Neighbors” and “The Women’s Relief Corp” regularly used the meeting hall. Joe and Rita Barr bought the property in 1954. Their son, Tim, took over the cleaning business.